Tuesday, July 17, 2012

First Steps (Friday the 13th Play Date)

Group Photo from the Friday the 13th Play Date

Last Friday, Meo and I went to a play date at our friend Sarah's house, and there Meo took his very first steps (11 months old). I was kneeling beside him while he stood holding onto a table. Suddenly, he decided he wanted me, turned, and took a quick 2 or 3 unsupported steps into my arms. I could hardly believe what had happened! I scooped him up after I got over my shock and spun him around, covering him with kisses. All the mamas at the play date clapped and cheered for him. We were all so proud of you Meo, great job! Before you know it, he'll be walking around like it ain't no thang.

The play date at Sarah's house was great. All the babies got to dress up as black cats (since it was Friday the 13th).

Kitty Meo



Adelle

Olivia

They also got to finger-paint on a picture of a cat.

Meo







Carter

Connor

Quinn

Addilyn

Adelle

Olivia

Sarah has a pool, and we all enjoyed swimming around with our babes on a very hot, beautiful summer day.

Meo and I

Holly and Adelle

Connor and his family

Mara and Charlie

Sharon and Bradon

Joanna and Olivia

Harrison and Carter

Another group photo

Here are some photos from our day:


Adelle

Adelle

Meo hoarding water bottles

Olivia and Bradon

Meo pulling Charlie's hair!


Meo hoarding all the balls

Meo and Olivia

Meo and Olivia

Sarah and Carter passed out after a swim

Thanks so much for having us over Sarah and for all the great food and company. We had a lovely time; I guess it wasn't such an unlucky date after all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry we left before we got to see the BIG first steps! Go Meo!

    ReplyDelete