Sometimes Mattimeo does things that are pretty amazing, and when I tell Robbie about it when he gets home from work he doesn't believe me. We had a couple of those instances this week, so I thought I'd share.
First, Meo and I were just hanging out, sitting on his little bed. I have a blanket hanging on the wall beside his bed, and all of a sudden he pointed his little pointer finger and placed it on one of the pictures and stated "squirrel" very clearly. That is a much more complicated sound than this 11 month old usually utters. I looked at the picture his finger was pressed on a squirrel. I can hardly believe it myself to be honest.
Second, we were reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? together the other day. When we were finished, Meo wanted to read it again so he started flipping through the pages. When he got to the picture of the dog, he paused, pointed at it and said, "Dog!". I was very proud of him.
Third, today I was reading Baby Bear's Books to Meo when he woke up from his nap. He often points to pictures and I tell them what the things are "duck, bee...that's a tree". Well he pointed at one of the bears, and I said, "That's a brown bear". Suddenly he turns around, picks up his stuffed brown bear, puts it in front of me and points. "Yes! That's a brown bear too! Good job Meo!" We were both grinning from ear to ear.
Everyday he does something new and exciting, and he never ceases to amaze me. Motherhood is an unbelievable wonderful adventure.
Yes very amazing! Grow so fast, hope your weighting this all down in the baby book, all the attention you give him , brings this all out in him very proud!!!!
ReplyDelete