This weekend we had the wonderful opportunity to spend some time with my lovely step-mom, AKA Memere, and go apple picking!
 |
| Memere and Meo in the apple orchard (13 months) |
We went to Doles Orchard, which is near our house and is the farm that I worked at for a couple years after college. Apple season came early this year, so there were already lots of delicious, ripe fruit. We started off picking some light and sweet apples called Honey Crisp. I prefer tarter apples, but I thought Robbie would enjoy bringing these to lunch this week.
 |
| Beautiful Memere! |
Then we moved on to pick some Cortland apples. These are a little tart but excellent for cooking. I am hoping to make an apple pie sometime this week with these lovelies!
The best part about apple picking though was not all the delicious apples, it was getting to spend some time with Memere. She has to work 6 days a week, so we don't see her nearly as much as we would like to. But she loves Meo very dearly, and it is precious to see them together having fun.
After apple picking, we went to my parents house to say hi to my Dad and brother (who were watching football), the dogs, and my sisters cat, Robin. Meo loves there big dog Harley, although Meo can be a bit rough. We are working hard to teach him how to be gentle to animals. Harley is a really sweet and patient boy though and didn't mind being roughed up a little.
 |
| "Here Harley, you were this silly hat!" |
 |
| Harley and Meo |
Robin is a little unpredictable, however, so I was nervous when Meo kept running off squealing in delight to go see him. But Robin was a good boy, and only batted at Meo a little (I don't think he used claws). Meo kept on kissing Robin, which was adorable.
 |
| Excited to see Robin |
 |
| Kiss |
 |
| Robin Hood |
Thank you so much for spending the afternoon with us Memere, we love you so much and we had a lot of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment