Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pineland Farms Picnic

Today our friend Sarah invited a bunch of us to join her, her mom, and her baby girl Stella for a picnic play date at Pineland Farms. It was a gorgeous day, and it was great to be spending it outside with lots of amazing mommy friends.

Thanks for inviting us Sarah and Stella!

We went into some of the barns to visit the cows. Meo was a little nervous around the cows, which is understandable since they are enormous for the most part. He didn't cry or anything, I could just tell that he was quite in awe of their girth and strangeness.




Meo decided the calves weren't so bad though, and was more willing to wander further away from mama to take a closer look and play with their hay.









It was cute to see the other babies observe the cows as well.

Stella

Stella

Conor

Leela

Leela and Stella

Leela did not want to have anything to do with that calf anymore

We all went to visit the chickens after hanging out with the cows for a while. I had to go pee really bad and was denied bathroom access at every corner. I couldn't even sneak behind a barn without a couple farm workers noticing me. Eventually I handed Meo off to Sarah's mom, Linda, so I could go find a bathroom. Linda is a nurse at Mercy and she was actual the person who taught the birthing preparation class we went to at Mercy and was our lactation consultant at our breastfeeding meetings those first several months of Meo's life. So it was cool to see her again, and I totally trusted her watching my little guy. He was cool as a cucumber with her when I returned from my bathroom adventure to find him checking out the chickens.

Linda took great care of Meo for me so I could find a bathroom

Alison and Luke

Alison and Luck

Meo liked the chickens a little better than the cows. He even ventured to touch on, but immediately regreted that decision when one of the chickens decided his cute little finger resembled a worm and pecked it. Not too hard though, Meo just flinched; no tears involved.

Meo and I looking at the chickens

We saw some pigs and sheep too.


After we visited the animals, we spent some time visiting and playing in the grass.

Sarah and Stella

Sarah and Stella snuggling

Hugs

Dakotah and Quinn; first day learning to stand by herself

Dakotah and Quinn

Leela on the slide

Leela on the slide

Leela

Holly and Adelle

Adelle

Holly with Adelle and Leela

Alison with Luke and Meo

Meo was snatching Luke's goldfish

Adelle

Adelle

Adelle

Leela

Dakotah with Quinn and Leela

Dakotah and Quinn

Erin and Conor

Krista and Leela

Erin and Conor

Erin and Conor

Sarah and Stella

Holly with Quinn, Leela and Adelle

Erin and Conor

Meo adventuring

Then a bunch of us went to eat lunch in the market before heading home.


Alison, Luke, Dakotah and Quinn

Stella, Conor, Erin, and one of the lactation consultants from Mercy

Krista and Leela

I think Leela likes to pose for me

One other really cool thing about this play date was that the nurse who was with me through my whole labor and birth of Meo, Karrie, was there too! It was great to see her again and to be able to show her Meo over a year later. Thanks for being an amazing nurse Karrie, I wouldn't have had such a wonderful birth experience if you hadn't been so kind and supportive!

Karrie and her daughter

Thank all of you mamas and babies and other animals for spending the day with Meo and I on the farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment