This weekend, we decided to take advantage of the nice fall weather and get in another hike before it starts getting really cold. Robbie's Dad came with us, so this hike was especially special because it was Meo's first hike with his Grandpa. We went up Pleasant Mountain, which is the highest peak in southern Maine. The last time I hiked this particular mountain, I was almost 32 weeks pregnant (you can read about it here), so this was a much different experience. Although, I was still carrying a 23 pound baby this time around, I wasn't worried about jump starting labor or anything hehe.
The last time I hiked up Pleasant Mountain I was about 33 weeks pregnant!
The trail was completely covered with leaves. Since we had that huge hurricane (Sandy), all the trees had their leaves blown bare. So it was tricky footing with all the rocks and roots being covered by slippery leaves. Both Robbie's Dad and I fell on separate occasions, but we both landed well and were uninjured. I was especially careful because I had precious cargo on my back!
At the trail head
Robbie and his dad
Signing "more"
Bringing me some grapes for us to share
On the ledges where we had lunch
Grandpa!
At the top there was a ton of people! They all that Meo was really cute hiking around on the rocks on the summit. It was really cold on top and I was eager to get going back down so I could warm up!
On the summit
One the summit (14 months)
snak time
Laughing with Grandpa
Meo nursing on the summit
Meo nursing on the summit
Playing on the summit
Playing on the summit
Playing on the summit
Playing on the summit
Robinson guys!
Robinson guys
Robinson guys on the summit
Playing on the summit
Grandpa admiring the view from the summit
From the summit
Playing on the summit
Playing on the summit
Robbie took a panoramic photo from the fire tower on the summit
Going back down
On our way down
From the ledges on the way down
I'm really glad we fit in another hike this season; I had a lot of fun and enjoyed the scenery and the exercise. Meo liked it a lot too. Although he had so much fun being free to walk around at the top, he protested being put back in the ErgoBaby and Robbie had to sing to him much of the way down so he would relax and not fuss. This ended up being the first hike Meo did not nap during. Even on very short hikes he has managed to fall asleep either on the way up or down. This time he remained wide awake the whole time! He must have been enjoying himself too much to sleep. He did however get in naps on the way there and back in the car.
No comments:
Post a Comment